To achieve the best results please follow the procedure outlined.
- Shake well prior to use
- Pour some Super Stainless – stainless steel rust remover into a suitable container, plastic or stainless steel. Super Stainless is formulated in a gel consistency to enable it to be used on vertical or overhead surfaces.
Apply generously to the area to be treated with a small paint brush, make sure to paint Super Stainless well into any crevices and nooks and crannies to ensure all rusting is neutralised. Always ensure Super Stainless gets into rusty welded joints where traditional types of cleaning may not, helping prevent premature failure of the weld.
- Always ensure the fittings are cleaned of all old wax or polish as this may affect the working of Super Stainless as the wax will act as a barrier not allowing Super Stainless to reach the surface of the fitting and stopping it working properly
- Allow Super Stainless to remain on the surface for at least 30 minutes, Super Stainless is very temperature dependant and works best at temperatures above18 degrees centigrade. If the temperature is below this Super Stainless will require more working time on the surface to achieve results.
Please remember, if applying on a sunny spring day after a frosty night the air temperature may be above 18 degrees but the, all important, temperature of the fitting to be treated may take longer to warm up thereby slowing the working time of Super Stainless.
- Super Stainless should not be allowed to dry out on the surface if it is to remain active. If this does happen on a very hot day in direct sunlight apply another small application. It may be an idea to shade the area from direct sunlight to prevent Super Stainless drying out.
- After 30 minutes, or longer in cooler temperatures, simply rinse Super Stainless from the fitting with fresh water and a sponge.
- If the fitting has severe rust staining it may be necessary to carry out a second application of Super Stainless to remove all rust staining.
- Remember, Super Stainless – stainless steel rust remover works purely by a chemical reaction and the product needs to be allowed time to work. Please do not scrub or rub at Super Stainless during the working time. After applying Super Stainless to fittings it really is best to get on with another task on-board as “a watched pot never boils”.
Super Stainless – stainless steel rust remover is only designed to remove rust staining on marine grade stainless steel and not on some inferior grades of stainless steel such as may be found in the catering industry. If you are unsure of the material grade of the fittings to be treated always test on an inconspicuous area first.
Always, always wear your PPE (Personal Protection Equipment, ie: goggles, gloves etc) when handling any chemical, its good practice!.
FIRST AID MEASURES:
EYES: Rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
INGESTION: Do not induce vomiting. Drink plenty of water.
SKIN: Remove all contaminated clothing. Wash immediately with plenty of water. If irritation persists seek medical advice.